About parasailing and why it is so special:
A specifically designed parachute is tied behind a speed boat. As the boat accelerates and reaches a consistent speed, the parachute reaches an altitude level and keeps following the boat as in creating and replicating an experience of taking a sky dive with a parachute.
Not only it offers a similar experience to taking a sky dive, it also provides for breath taking sea views in beautiful crystal clear waters of the Island of Mauritius.
Why parasailing is one of the must activities to do in Mauritius?
• Totally and completely safe
• Offers a great adrenaline high
• Provides for breath taking and birds eye ocean views
• A family friendly activity which can be performed by almost every person (only exception for kids under the age of six)
• Offered at some of the most amazing locations in Mauritius.
• A boat ride to the launch pod
• The excursion takes about 23-30 minutes including an exciting time in the air - on average about 10 mins.
• An ocean plunge at the end of the activity that provides an actual landing experience.
How will it work?
• Weigh-in as parasailing has some weight limits. Locations where parasailing is available for only single person have a 90kg weight limit while locations which offer parasailing for two at the same time have an upper weight limit of 180kg.
• A safety briefing informing about all the hazards involved in the activity. The activity remains completely safe and fun for anyone above the age of six.
• A boat ride from the beach to the launch pod.
• Once you have reached the pod, you will be tied a safety harness and checked by a safety instructor whether the harness is in perfect condition. Note: All harnesses are international standard and created ISO standard verified manufacturers.
• Once the safety instructor gives a green signal, the boat driver will start the boat and you will slowly take off.
• Do note that no steering skills are required while you are in the air. The parachute will auto steer along the boat and you’ll be able to enjoy the magnificent views on offer.
Locations available for Parasailing:
• Grand Bay (Mauritius North West)
• Belle Mare (Mauritius East Coast)
• Trou D’eau Douce / Ile aux Cerfs (Mauritius central East coast)
The parasailing attractions remain open seven days of the week. To capture the prime time during the day, the attractions offer parasailing activity between hours 09:00 to 16:00.
Attractive resorts are located in these locations that offer other activities for enjoyment as well.
How can we help you plan your Mauritius Parasailing excursion?
We offer discounted prices due to our partnership along with complete planning of your trip.
One of the most calming activities observing these sea creatures in their natural habitat.Read More >
Underwater walk provides for an excellent informative experience that cannot be mimicked anywhere else.Read More >