A bit about watching and swimming with dolphins and why it is so special:
One of the most calming activities observing a magnificent sea creature in their natural habitat.
Why Swimming with Dolphins is one of the must activities to do in Mauritius?
• Dolphins are known as one of the smartest living animals on the planet. A lot of studies have found dolphins as extremely intelligent and capable of displaying human emotion. Not only they have been subject to many scientific studies, they also reciprocate humans and are known to display friendly attributes. Once you are in Mauritius and have an opportunity to spend a day with these, you should go for it in the first place.
• The activity is carried out in a natural and peaceful habitat. This place offers a perfect recluse for not only humans but creatures like dolphins that come here to rest and relax. They are at their friendly best and enjoy the attention that they receive from humans.
• A boat ride that will be taking you to the natural habitat of these magnificent creatures.
• A detailed briefing on handling gear and other things required for the dive.
• A dive - although you can partake without having any serious swimming skills on most trips, it is better to have some sort of skills to truly enjoy swimming with these animals.
How will it work?
The most important factor involved in swimming with dolphins is security. Before you enter the water, you will be given a detailed briefing that will cover major aspects included. This will include but not limited to
• Information about the sea creatures and their behavior. Although Dolphins are not known to show any aggressive tendencies towards humans, it is always better to come prepared.
• The briefing will also describe the types of dolphins present in the water
• You will be given tips about how to expertly watch dolphins and where to look for them while you are on the boat
• How to carry yourself on the boat as you will be traveling all the while.
• The swimming procedure refresher to make you fully prepared of taking a swim with the dolphin.
Locations available for dolphins watching:
• The minimum age for this activity is 7 years old. The maximum size of one travel group at one time is 10.
• The trip is carried out on speedboats as it gives a better chance for sighting dolphins. There is a slight chance that you may not actually see dolphins (10%). In case of such an event, you are offered another free of charge trip.
• The activity remains open seven days a week every morning between 7:30 to 13:00.
• Hotel pickup and transport is available on demand.
• Swimming gear is provided free of cost.
• Exclusive trips can also be arranged depending on the size of the touring party. The exclusive benefits are ideal for work groups and large family groups that want to maintain their privacy.
Parasailing in Mauritius is a unique way to experience the ocean views and its surrounds of Mauritius.Read More >
Underwater walk provides for an excellent informative experience that cannot be mimicked anywhere else.Read More >